My past works are now inside this handy-dandy archive: HERE!
I stream my translations LIVE here: The stream is currently OFFLINE
Want something translated that you don't see on here?
I'm OPEN for commissions contact me at my email syuuske@gmail.com for commission details.
I now have a Patreon where I manage any requests you have for translations, stop by there for more info!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mysterious Kanji of Legend (2/2 solved)

<SOLVED>
Barbarian is the "meaning"
and the kanji is 蛮
I thought the bottom half was 王
but it was actually 虫, silly me.




 <SOLVED>It is 破.  


11 comments:

  1. It looks like 赤 and 虫 to me. If it's two words, it could be Halla okadai. Keep up the great content! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah that works! it directly translated into "barbarian" though...haha I'll just take a few liberties I guess then :D

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got another as well it's been bothering me for awhile now haha sec lemme post it

    ReplyDelete
  5. stand-alone everything is as you see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 破 is what I come up with too, but it makes sense after seeing it as semi-cursive:
    http://www.yamasa.cc/members/ocjs/kanjidic.nsf/7b05bc174a2b1b5249256a540000a8b8/6e8bf5949a76fd7549256a90002ec3da!OpenDocument

    ReplyDelete
  7. as kanji and chinese is almost similar, i think 破 means "broken"?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is 破. And yea, the meaning is similar to Chinese, but the context is more "breaking the limit"...(i.e. raping/taking someone's cherry or fisting...) I'm guessing it's from page 16....Oh, and Leon, next time, can you include which page it's the kanji is from, it's easier for me to identify the kanji with the context in which Ebisubashi intended...

    Aniki

    ReplyDelete
  9. sure thing! totally forgot I could do that to make it easier haha, I'm trying to go for "single word" translations so it has the same `feeling` as it would if it was read in japanese.

    ReplyDelete