My past works are now inside this handy-dandy archive: HERE!
I stream my translations LIVE here: The stream is currently OFFLINE
Want something translated that you don't see on here?
I'm OPEN for commissions contact me at my email syuuske@gmail.com for commission details.
I now have a Patreon where I manage any requests you have for translations, stop by there for more info!

Monday, November 28, 2011

More whining and stuffs

I'm pushing out the last few pages but I just need to rant more about ron9 because I haven't done enough already.  This guy seems to exist just to rub in my lack of kanji knowledge and some of them are so annoying that I just FEEL its justified to claim them unnecessary.  For those of you who have a marginal or greater understanding of Japanese I hope you can sympathize with me.

Things like ここ, or とにかく things that USUALLY I'm saying this from my experience the 30+ manga that I've translated that you don't USUALLY put these in kanji form, kana is JUST FINE.  Having to take time translating things like 此処(ここ) or 兎に角(とにかく) which at first i was like 兎(bunny) and 角(corner/edge) what the hell does that mean.  I understand that other languages have figurative language and all that stuff I'm not THAT ignorant and biased towards my native tongue but....jeez this is just frustrating to no end.

  ANYWAYS I AM GETTING THIS DONE TONIGHT I WILL NOT SLEEP UNTIL THIS IS DONE
(┛◉Д◉)┛

OR UNTIL THERE IS PROOFREADING LEFT AND I HAVE TO SLEEP. it'll be uploaded tomorrow(which is literally tonight). cya then folks.

6 comments:

  1. ron9's use of ateji is rather striking, but it's overcomeable

    like I've said before

    USE WAKAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand it just fine I'm just complaining about his overuse that's all. Also I'm still learning how to use Wakan while using jisho.org, which has been very successful.
    I currently blame only myself right now anyways I never have truly dedicating myself to learning the language, I'm just blowing off some steam :P

    Thanks again though for the support :3 glad to see you're still around haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL hahaha instead of 聞こえるhe says 聴こえる.....

    in the context it was used THEY BOTH FIT PERFECTLY BUT for some reason he wants to use that one. He's like some kind of kanji hipster rofl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up the great work Leon. I understand it's a lot of work but your scanlations are something many people expect because of it's quality. Thanks for all the time spent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. unusual kanji usage like that usually isn't just done for the hell of it, there's usually some contextual meaning or symbolism behind it. the dictionary definition of 聴 is "listen, headstrong, naughty, careful inquiry"; it's used in kanji compounds such as 聴覚, 聴講, 聴許, 聴診, 公聴会, 視聴, 視聴者, 視聴率. I believe 聞 has more to do with the sense of hearing in a general sense, whereas 聴 has to do with the concept of listening attentively.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would probably translate 聞こえるか? as "did you hear me?" but 聴こえるか? as "are you listening?"

    ReplyDelete